Saturday, November 20, 2010

Denmark for the 3rd Time

If someone had told me before I started working for Vestas that I would be visiting Denmark 3 times before the year was out, I think I would have said, "Really?! Wait...where exactly is Denmark again?"

As it turns out, Denmark is the southernmost of the Nordic countries, is bordered by Germany and is a large peninsula with weather patterns tied to the North sea. It is also a beautiful, albeit flat, land with friendly people who seem to have a strong sense of tradition and family.

During this visit, I had the good fortune to stay for a week in Aarhus, a town with many good restaurants, a bit of a nightlife and some new friends, catching a ride to and from work with a colleague. I was also invited to stay with another colleague and his wife for the weekend in their home in Skanderborg, enjoying home cooked meals and some local sights and scenery.

Tomorrow, I leave to spend a week in Germany.




An eerily empty, modern hallway in the Copenhagen Airport - the gateway to Denmark




Vestas and the moon




A local pub in Aarhus full of characters and good live music
This band played "In a Sentimental Mood" by Duke Ellington for me




Denmark's highest point: Møllehøj sitting at 561'




A German bunker with an antitank defense by Skanderborg Lake




They even grow things patriotic here

No comments:

Post a Comment