Saturday, August 18, 2012

Final Family Climb Night


This week my summer family and I got out on the glacier for our final family ice climbing night and it didn't disappoint! We had 4 ropes set, the sun was out, the clouds were amazing and we were in a cool, sort of hard to get to location. And to make the night even better, a friend and I took a dip in a lake on the moraine on our walk out. Ice climbing is definitely one of my favorite activities from my 2012 Alaskan summer.
A cool picture of my friend, Claire, working on a tough overhang

My first climb of the night up an ice crack

The resulting picture
Thanks, Rich.

My friend, Chris, who was supposed to be belaying me but I see now he was hamming it up for the camera

Our view from the climb location at upper ice fall wall
It's gotten way bigger over the course of the summer

No comments:

Post a Comment