Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Fin

After months of saying ¨No, Gracias¨ and having enough time to form the firm belief that any South American town without a stray dog is suspect, it is time for my 3 month journey of South America to come to an end and for me to return to the States. During the course of this trip, I have visited 5 countries, swam with fish 10m below sea level, hiked over a mountain pass at 4750m, made some new friends, been bit by a turkey and had a lot of laughs. On my return to the States, I will carry back with me some awesome memories and a good bit of knowledge gained through the experience of travel.

The past week has been spent leaving Peru for Chile and making my way South through a couple of Chilean beach towns back to Santiago...which consisted of the final and longest bus ride of the my travels at 24 hours.

Thanks to all my friends and family for reading this blog and helping me still feel connected to home after all this time. I can´t wait to see you again.

Now, it´s time to find a job, hunt for an apartment and get a cell phone.

Below are some final pictures from Chile.


Arica, Chile: The Northernmost Chilean town on the border with Peru




A tranquil beach in Arica




My favorite type of bus ride...with seats that go all the way flat




Chilean sand dunes and desert towns




Iquique, Chile




Another picture of Iquique




Standing among wine barrels at Concha y Toro outside Santiago

2 comments:

  1. Carla,
    I've enjoyed traveling with you through this blog. Thank you for sharing your experiences, photos and laughs along the way. There's much to be said for vicarious experiences after all - who'da thot?!

    If you ever want to go rock climbing again just call me up...

    Your cousin Kelly in KY

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've added new photos!

    I never fit in the seats on those buses very well, not even the sleepers.

    ReplyDelete