Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Working the Winery

Memorial Day weekend is a big weekend for wineries in the area as their doors are opened wide, drawing in crowds of people who fancy a taste or two...or ten. My sister works for this great little winery, Ken Wright Cellars, that produces truly fabulous Pinot Noir wines. So through her, I had the opportunity to 'volunteer' my time to help out for the weekend. I use the term 'volunteer' loosely, as I was handsomely rewarded with some of their very tasty wine to take home. My work consisted of greeting people as they came in, checking ID's and accepting payment. However, the weekend is most memorable for the quality time my sister and I got to spend together and for the new, really cool friends I made.



Come one, come all




That's the good stuff




Glasses patiently waiting to be filled with that fiery liquid




My adorable sister and I being sisterly

No comments:

Post a Comment