Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Californ-i-a



This past 4th of July weekend, I ventured down to California for a family reunion to celebrate my great-aunt's 90th birthday. Born in 1920 with cerebral palsey, my great-aunt has lived a life full of inspiration. In her words, she never felt like a cripple growing up and from my point of view, she has always seemed fiercely independent. She has traveled to Europe 3 times and learned to drive after having a car retrofitted for her. At the age of 90, she is happy, aware and even still drinking her whiskey.



The woman of honor, Aunt Janet, chatting it up with my cute cousin




A piece of art in itself (created by my cousin pictured above)




Chairs awaiting birthday party goers at the retirement village




A tribute at the San Diego Padres game




And finally, a beautiful sunset while waiting for 4th of July fireworks at San Clemente beach

No comments:

Post a Comment