Thursday, January 6, 2011

Holidays in the NE

For three years now I've been traveling to the NE for the holidays. I seem to end up in a different town or a different state but I never fail to find that bitter cold that envelopes that part of the country during the winter. Burr.

This year I visited my Antarctican friend, Eric, in Boston. We met originally in 2008 while wintering at Palmer Station and have since visited each other occasionally for hijinks around the US and Canada.




Eric was our chef in Antarctica and this is the adorable restaurant he works in now:
Ten Tables




I did a bit of volunteering and peeled all of these cipollini onions




The Montreal Biodome




Ecosystems abound in under this dome of science




Birds of a feather




The first time I've seen these guys since I left the Ice...I must admit I got a little emotional




Getting sick again, the last dinner in Montreal was some soothing Vietnamese Pho in Chinatown

No comments:

Post a Comment