Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A Weekend of the Simple Life

This past weekend, I had the opportunity to live a weekend of the simple life in Aarhus, Denmark. It was a holiday weekend, so I had 3 days off to sleep in, go to the farmers market, sit in the sun, enjoy home cooked meals and view art around the city. Thanks to my Danish friend, Peter, his girlfriend and friends for ensuring that I had a good time.



An idyllic scene at a skate park in Aarhus where Peter and I enjoyed a cold brew in the sun




Peter ordering meat at the farmer's market for Beef Bourguignon (which I then learned how to make later!)




"Sculpture by the Sea" exhibit along the coastline




Creature from the depths




Bike corral next to train station




The art museum, Aros, with the reflection of the late setting sun and the moon




Peter's girlfriend, Kate, in the rainbow at the top of Aros




Amazingly detailed and large Big Boy sculpture

No comments:

Post a Comment