Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Return to 90° South

The last time I left Antarctica, I always thought I would return. But as fortune would have it, life took its turns and years passed. Now, however, all this has changed as I recently signed a contract for the 2011-2012 summer season at the South Pole. I leave at the end of October with bittersweet feelings in my heart. I'm excited to once again be on an adventure to the end of the Earth but also sad as I'll need to tear up some roots that have grown over the years in Portland, my absolute favorite city in the world. Regardless, this should be an epic season as it is the 100 year anniversary of human exploration at the Pole.




The Amundsen-Scott South Pole Station



January 1, 2008 (I think)

1 comment:

  1. Carla, you have to stop by Crary and say Hi, if you have some time in Mactown before you go to Pole.

    ReplyDelete