Saturday, January 28, 2012

Parking an LC-130

Last week, thanks to my friend, fellow Polie and beloved fuelie, Molly, I had the amazing opportunity to help marshal in an LC-130 Hercules aircraft. The repeated arm movements to tell the pilot to come forward were similar to doing the 'Y' and the 'M' of the YMCA dance until it finally came time to take my arms in a full circle to signal them to stop. It was fun experience that left me on a natural high for the rest of the day.




Coordinating signals: the person on the left watches the plane and I watch the person on the left
(photo courtesy of Rhiannon)




Swooping my arms in a circle to tell the plane to stop
(photo courtesy of Rhiannon)




It was a surreal experience to have this thing coming straight at me




Plane successfully parked and cargo and fuel getting offloaded
Orange suit optional...I just love it
(photo courtesy of Rhiannon)




Yes, yes they do. Not only are they cool and fun, fuelies are responsible for offloading all the AN8 jet fuel that powers the station

1 comment: