Monday, July 9, 2012

One. Big. Zip.


This season, MICA, my summer employer, opened a new zipline, adding a minute long thrill ride to their ever-increasing repertoire of adventure activities at the Matanuska Glacier. And to make my summer of random jobs complete, ensuring my resume will never look the same, I am now a bona fide "zipline guide", sometimes sending zippers off of a 3 story tower and sometimes being a brake for them at the end of their ride. The zipline itself is a 1/4 mile long with beautiful views of the surrounding mountains and the Matanuska River and since I often zip down after all others have been sent, I can vouch that it is an awesome ride.
Braking zippers at the end of their 1/4 mile journey

Attaching a pulley before double-checking the harness and sending a zipper on his way

No comments:

Post a Comment