Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The Lone Penguin

A couple of days ago, the divers were on their way back into station when they called in reporting a lone King Penguin hanging out by the shore of Torgersen Island. Apparently, King Penguins have not been spotted at Palmer for several years, so this definitely required a quick lunch time boat trip to go investigate. I'm not sure where he came from, what he was doing, what his plans were, or where he went, but sure enough, in May of 2008, there was a lone King Penguin standing by the shore of Torgersen.


as seen from the zodiac


as seen from shore


a close-up

2 comments:

  1. I bet he took a wrong turn at Albuquerque.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah ha! maybe a Christmas card in the making?

    I will wait to see if there are more, but if not--I can make this penguine look really bold and beautiful!

    Very interesting and I checked out the other blogs as well. Pretty good!

    lym

    ReplyDelete