Monday, August 17, 2009

A Weekend in the City

There are many ways I could have spent this past weekend....camping, languishing on my couch, working (boo). However, I chose to forgo all these options, deciding instead to spend this time being active in my awesome city.

Saturday, I was asked by a fellow coworker to be an honorary member on her kickball team, the Huevos Grandes. Though a once rival softball team, the HG's were very accepting of me as we attempted, but failed, to win 4 kickball games at a day long affair.

Sunday, I joined friends to participate in the SE Portland Parkways event. In these events, Portland closes roads to cars and sets up a route for bikers to cycle to and from local parks. The parks then offer a place to rest, live music, giveaways, bike repairs and tasty food options.

Definitely a great way to spend the weekend!




Kicking with all my might




The Huevos Grandes!...and me




A unique Huevos Grandes "Playa of the Game" trophy that was awarded to me for a short while on Saturday




Friends riding down the car-less street on Sunday




A pile of bikes, locked together, while we wander the park




My bike and I at the top of Mt. Tabor

No comments:

Post a Comment