Monday, July 11, 2011

A 4th of July Weekend Wedding

This year, for the weekend of our nation's birth, I found myself back in California. The purpose of my journey south was to spend time with family and to celebrate a commitment to love at my cousin Jackie's wedding. It was a beautiful event and a great 4 days in the sunshine of Carlsbad.



The very picturesque train station in San Diego




Nicely simple




My cousin, Genevieve, singing a beautiful rendition of "Love Song" by Elton John




Humans weren't the only guests




The bride taking a turn on the dance floor with her dad




A typical (post-wedding) day at the beach with my niece trying to bury herself in the sand and my nephew helping out




Driving my Uncle Stan's vanagon getting lost in the memories of places I've been. I can't believe I rode across the nation in this same vehicle when I was a kid in the 80's. Miss you so much it hurts, Uncle Stan!

No comments:

Post a Comment