Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Rivers

Portland, the city of roses, is also the city of rivers and bridges. The Willamette (it's pronounced "willamette, damnit") separates the city into the east and west sides while the Columbia separates North Portland from the southern border of Washington. This weekend, I spent a little time on both rivers. On Saturday, while biking the Springwater Trail, my friend and I pulled over, climbed down to the Willamette and spent some time sipping a summer drink while watching its waters flow by. And on Sunday, I made it out for my first sailing trip of the season on the Columbia. It was a great weekend in my favorite city!



Sitting beside the Willamette




The Ross Island Bridge (1 of 10 in this awesome city)




Sailing on the Columbia with Mt. Hood in sight the whole time




Looking up

No comments:

Post a Comment