Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Thankfulness at the South Pole

This Thanksgiving, I find myself in a place that I never thought I'd be again, and I'm so thankful for the opportunity to live through another adventure that will later not seem real. I'm extra thankful for the support of my friends and family back home. For without it, things would not be the same. And I'm thankful that some Thanksgiving traditions at the South Pole do not change. The chefs and galley staff here did an excellent job cooking us up a delicious dinner and transforming the galley into a cozy dining hall, making the night special. The meal and leisurely two day weekend were enjoyed by all.




Empty plates ready and waiting




My favorite pic of the night with everyone in good spirits




Eating as much whipped cream, a rare treat here, as possible while sitting with my friend and colleague from Portland, Kris


No comments:

Post a Comment