Saturday, July 12, 2008

The Return of the Sun

The good weather has held out here at Palmer, and today, the sun came out for the first time in two months! It had recently been hiding from us behind stormy clouds and for a while, didn't feel like raising high enough on the horizon to get above the glacier. Now that it's back, showing itself, I definitely appreciated how good it felt to have those luscious rays hitting my face today. So much so that I spent most of my lunch outside basking, drinking hot tea and wearing sunglasses. While walking between buildings afterward, my pace slowed, and I lingered on the boardwalk. I hope the weather holds out until tomorrow for my day off.

P.S. I probably didn't need to take my Vitamin D pill this morning.

P.S.S. I'm pretty sure this was all due to my sun tattoo.





Before the sun surprised us, we were all impressed by a huge ice rainbow.






Neal looking at the rainbow from his tower up on the hill






The sun just barely peeking over the glacier.





In full force.





Amber enjoying the rays.





I pretty much spent my whole lunch hour like this.


1 comment:

  1. Yeah for the sunshine!!! It makes everything a little more nice doesn't it! You look really happy! I hope you have sun on your day off so you can enjoy it. We rode 17 miles on our bicycles Wednesday, but the trail was mostly shade--but really nice weather!

    lym

    ReplyDelete