Friday, October 10, 2008

Colonia, Uruguay


On Thursday, I left Buenos Aires for an overnight trip to Uruguay. Colonia is a beautiful and quaint city from old, built in 1680. Travel time was quick, only taking an hour on a ferry that crosses the Rio de la Plata. With barely time for a nap, I was ready to explore this quiet getaway from the big city.

While there, I explored the old historical center, scooted around with windblown hair, chatted it up with an Irish couple and spent some time luxuriating on the beach.

Now, I´m back in Buenos Aires for my last 5 days here. I leave on Thursday for Brazil with a stopover at Iguassu Falls.


The old gate to the city.




A typical street in Colonia.




Scooting...




Ants carrying leaves. There were trails of them all over.


1 comment:

  1. You should know it's not safe to ride without a helmet.

    ReplyDelete