Thursday, October 2, 2008

Time Passes

Another week in Buenos Aires and so much but so little has happened. I still love my apartment...waking up, preparing coffee and getting ready for the day's activities. Some nights are spent in, making dinner and watching a movie rented from the local Blockbuster, while others are spent out, dining at yummy restaurants and going to the ballet. I'm taking Spanish classes every other day, going for a run at the local park or doing yoga in my apartment when I can, and seeing my special kitty cat friend at the Botanical Gardens. Life is idyllic, despite the struggle to get a Brazilian visa and the fact that my camera was stolen last week. I honestly feel like I'm not just visiting Buenos Aires, but living here.


Dog walkers can be found all over the city. Watch out for the caca on the sidewalks, though. There's no law requiring citizens to pick it up.




My best friend at the Botanical Gardens. Today, she had a shaved area possibly from a recent veterinary visit. There are volunteer vets who take care of the cats in the garden as well as spay or neuter them.




A cool bird at the lake I like to jog around in a pedestrian only zone. There are several, funny bird varieties to watch.




A local artist getting interviewed on the opening night of her show with some of her photography (seen during an art studio tour in San Telmo).

1 comment:

  1. I hope I don't get as many things stolen as you guys have. Sounds like you're enjoying yourself anyway.

    ReplyDelete