Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Iguassu Falls



My time in Buenos Aires has sadly come to an end. It will be remembered as one of the great times in my life...peaceful, happy and filled with laughter, love, new friends and good food.

Since then, I have been making my way to Brasil. On my way there and to help break up two very long bus rides, I stopped at Iguassu Falls for two nights. Iguassu Falls has over 200 falls, spans two countries and is taller than Niagra while wider than Victoria.

In life, it's always interesting to return to a place you thought you'd never be again. It's happened a few times in my life and now I never assume I won't return to even the most oscure places. I was at Iguassu Falls in 2003 and loved it. However, time passes and things change, and you arrive at the same place but a different person.

This time, I was still entranced by the rush and the majesticness of the waterfalls and when standing close, loved the feel of the cold mist hitting my skin. I also got to see some new wildlife, including some funny monkeys, and venture over to see the falls from the Brazilian side for the first time.


1 comment: