Tuesday, April 13, 2010

1st Vestas Business Trip: Pueblo, CO



Last weekend, my new Vestas colleagues and I made our way to Pueblo, Colorado to do some after hours IT work. We were only there overnight and the work took place at an 800 acre site used by Vestas to build towers for the wind turbines.

The goal:
Facilitate the move of a 1000 lb server rack to the new server room.

Though fraught with logistical issues (culminating in a call to an electrician at 10:00 at night), it felt so good to be doing real IT work again, brainstorming for solutions and thinking with a technical perspective. Hopefully, my numerous and neverending round of meetings that I experienced at W+K are a thing of the past.

In the end and despite the unexpected long hours, my team and I stayed positive and got the job done, learning a few things along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment