Tuesday, April 20, 2010

DK


As part of my new job with Vestas, I have been in Denmark for the last week and a half for some training with my new server team. During the week, I have been staying up north in a small town called Randers but this weekend, I made a solo 3 1/2hour drive to Copenhagen.

Copenhagen is a beautiful city full of copper spires and even some canals. During my short time there, I ate some yummy food, toured the palace where the Crown Prince and Crown Princess are supposed to live and took a boat tour (something I always regretted not doing in Amsterdam).

Now I'm back at work and happy that the airports in Denmark are finally opening up tomorrow after the long closure due to the Iclandic volcano ash cloud. I fly out Friday and am hoping no further closures or long delays keep me from getting home.



A famous canal with lots of life and energy, as well as multiple modes of transportation




Amalienborg, the palaces of the royal family but broken down looks like a name out of a sci-fi movie




They get to wear the coolest hats in Amalienborg




Evening silhouettes

2 comments:

  1. I would love the opportunity to travel for work, you are very lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am renting "Am Alien Borg: Resurgence" tonight!

    ReplyDelete