Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Oregon Weekend Adventures

Last weekend, I was reminded of why I love living where I live as I went from skiing on Mt. Hood to a beautiful hike in the Columbia River Gorge. Portland and the surrounding area is truly an outdoor enthusiasts playground. Much love!
Mt. Hood, my favorite mountain, peeking out from above the ski slopes
So happy to be able to make it up once since I was away most of the season

My ski buddy for the day, Josh, hamming it up for the camera

Not looking quite as graceful, I at least had a good run and a good view (look at those clouds!)

A Sunday hike on the challenging Ruckel Ridge was full of all these cool rock outcroppings

Spring wildflowers dotted the hillsides at lower elevations

While snow greeted my two hiking companions and I at the Benson Plateau (approx. 3,700')

A creative crossing of a the very full and fast-moving Ruckel Creek

And finally, making our descent on the Ruckel Creek trail through meadows and with beautiful views of the Columbia

Ruckel Creek, so vibrantly green, close to the trailhead

No comments:

Post a Comment