Thursday, September 4, 2008

Sailing Away

It is now time to leave Palmer Station for the second time and this time, for real. My experience here has been overwhelmingly positive despite the drawbacks of living in a commune-like environment, the dark winter and working 54 hours a week. I've learned a myriad of things that have nothing to do with computers, seen beautiful vistas and cool wildlife, had some great times with new friends and experienced new sights and sounds on a regular basis.

My last night on station was a good one, with a surprisingly appropriate costume party.

Now, it's time to board the ship, sail to Punta Arenas, and then hop around South America.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Carla,
    My name is Jack, and I Wintered Over at "Old" Palmer in 1965. I am trying to contact someone who will be at "New" Palmer in February of 2009, as my wife and I are booked on the ms Prinsendam and we will "hopefully" be in the vicinity of the station. Any Help here?

    ReplyDelete