Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Santiago Times



My time in Santiago was a Chilean whirlwind. I arrived on a delayed flight from Punta Arenas with no clear plan or a place to stay. After spending the night in a hotel my driver recommended, I tried to leave the next day on a bus but due to schedule challenges, I had to stay one more night. It was a good choice. After finding this cool little hostel to lay my head, I spent some good time wandering the town in the sun. I climbed a hill offering good views of the city and the mountains beyond, spent some awesome time barefoot in the sunshine in a city park, and had a late night dinner with a random crew of travelers including a fellow Antarctican, an El Salvadorian and an Austrian who lives in Venezuela. I'll have to return to Santiago in a few months to fly home, but this time, I'll have my traveling shoes firmly on and a favorite hostel and restaurant picked out for my stay.



Hangin' out in the local park






A pretty mosaic found on the side of a building






Yummy dinner with friends

No comments:

Post a Comment