Friday, November 14, 2008

Exit the Island, Re-Enter the City

Most travelers only go to Ilha Grande for a few days at most. I feel lucky to have visited there for two weeks. Of course, I could have visited other towns and seen other sights during that time, but my wandering soul craved a rest. Plus, I am always a big fan of the chance to get to know a place intimately versus just on the surface.

Now, though, it is to time to move on. I recently returned to Sao Paulo and am again staying with my amazing host, Andrea. Upon arrival, it was nice to be in a familiar city...none of my usual floundering. I knew exactly where to go from the bus station and which way to ride the metro to her apartment. My past two days in Sao Paulo have been spent going to the markets (when did eople start hanging Christmas decorations?), mailing things at the post office, making phone calls and enjoying free internet.

Tomorrow, I leave Brasil (luckily before my visa expires) and go to Peru!




Walking the crowded streets to the market




My last night in Sao Paulo after a yummy sushi dinner. Thanks Andrea, I'll miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment