Saturday, November 22, 2008

Trekking in Peru



For the past 4 days, I have had the awesome opportunity to walk through the Cordillera Blanca region of Peru and camp near mountains and in a spectacular valley. I was joined on this adventure by a guide/cook, a donkey tender, an Italian couple, a Frenchman, a man from Brasil and Adam. The trek took us over a pass at 4750 meters (the highest I think I´ve been) and past some beautiful scenery and many grazing animals. The pictures below will say more than any words I could write. Thanks again to Gil for recommending this wonderful Peruvian destination.


Huascaran, the highest peak in Peru at 6,768 meters




Trekking past a mountainside home




Our donkeys and their tender




Day 2: A super tough climb up over a pass and a very rainy day




One of our many scenic campsites




My new, curious friend




The valley that we descended to after the pass for our final night and 2 days of trekking

1 comment: